Every time you speak to another person, you are at risk.
Risk of what? Oh so many things.
- talking too much
- talking too little
- interpreting incorrectly
- interpreting correctly, and wishing you didn’t
- acting like a fool
- saying things you regret
- creating a new frienemy
- creating a new enemy
- sowing doubt, anger, hostility
- waisting time you could have better invested in picking your nose
- talking to the wrong person about your shit
- being disrespected
- being disrespectful
- being sold something you don’t want
- being sold something you want, but should never have
- falling in love
- hating the person
- becoming attracted to the person
- getting horny
- losing attraction for the person
- spacing out, thinking about other things like, did you set that stupid app on auto-renew? I should look into that. I don’t want to renew next year. I’ll probably forget and then get charged and then forget to ask for a refund. Fuck. What’s this dude saying again?
- being attentive and realizing the person, probably your loved one, is dumb
- revealing a secret
- revealing someone else’s secret
- criticizing, condemning, complaining
- spitting in the person’s face
- giving/catching COVID
Just a few reasons why I prefer solitude.